(by Claire Lark, The Gazette, 5th October 2020)
A small piece of land at the top of Adelaide Street, at the junction with lower King Street was purchased by the Blackpool Masonic Hall limited on the 1st February 1888. And the land and subsquent buildings have remained for more than a century as the headquarters for the Blackpool branch of the West Lancashire Freemasons.
The cost of this plot was £1700. Blackpool Masonic Hall Limited had been incorporated on December 2 the previous year and six thousand £1 shares were issued.
Whitaker Bond, the landlord of the Stanley Arms and…