Northamptonshire/England – Corby Red Kite Academy’s £3,000 outdoor play equipment boost from Freemasons
- COVID-19 Vaccination Volunteer support provided by Northamptonshire & Huntingdonshire Freemasons February 2, 2021St John Ambulance are seeking volunteers to join the NHS COVID-19 vaccine team and we are delighted to report that Freemasons from across Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire have responded magnificently with over 100-volunteers now on stand-by to assist The NHS has begun what will be the largest vaccination programme in its history, and Freemasonry has been […]
- Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire Freemasons support `For the Love of Scrubs Stamford` June 15, 2020Thanks to the contributions of Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire Freemasons, the Masonic Charitable Foundation (MCF), the Freemasons' Charity, has been able to donate £2,000 to support the work of ‘For the Love of Scrubs Stamford”. The group, which is run entirely by volunteers, relies on fundraising and donations to purchase fabric, tape and thread to make […]
- Northamptonshire & Huntingdonshire Freemasons raise over £30,000 to help homeless charity purchase a new van May 15, 2019Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire Freemasons have raised over £30,000 to help a local homeless charity purchase a much-needed new van, to enable it to expand its work within the community The 3 Pillars Feeding The Homeless Trust in Peterborough were presented with the keys to a brand new van by Max Bayes, the Provincial Grand Master […]
- New Grand Superintendent installed in the Royal Arch Province of Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire March 20, 2018E Comp Jim Boughton was installed as the 13th Grand Superintendent in the Royal Arch Province of Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire on 28th February 2018 The meeting was attended by companions from chapters across the province, as well as a number of Grand Superintendents from other provinces. This installation was honoured by the presence of the […]
- Record turnout for Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire Province September 11, 2017More than 1,200 Freemasons, their partners and friends visited Grand Lodge under the banner of Three Counties Lodge, No. 9278, from the Province of Northamptonshire & Huntingdonshire With the Second Degree performed, it is believed to be the Province’s largest-ever attendance at a ceremony. The event also included a talk by Library and Museum of […]
- Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire Freemasons celebrate Tercentenary in Peterborough August 2, 2017Over 800 Freemasons from throughout Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire joined together with civic dignitaries, family and friends on 11th June 2017, to help celebrate the Tercentenary and founding of the Premier Grand Lodge with a dedicated Evensong service at Peterborough Cathedral The service was conducted by The Reverend Canon Jonathan Baker, who welcomed everyone and commented […]
- WWII veteran Vic Bashford receives Certificate of Meritorious Service August 8, 2013At the Annual Convocation of the Provincial Grand Chapter of Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire, the ME Grand Superintendent, E Comp Wayne Williams, had a surprise up his sleeve for the eldest companion present This was 92 years old E Comp Frederick (Vic) Bashford, a member of St Ivo Chapter No. 2684, Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire Chapter of […]
- Lodge to Lodge walk raises £1,200 October 5, 2012W Bro Steve Wright is currently in the chair of two Craft lodges: St Wilfrid Lodge, No. 4453, in the Province of Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire, and Fons Vitae Lodge, No. 8744, in the Province of Derbyshire. This inspired him with the idea of walking between his two lodges, Fons Vitae in Long Eaton and St […]
- Dramatic Masonry April 19, 2009Trevor Sherman on the Northants and Hunts Provincial Demonstration Group The mandate was clear from the start: in May 2008, Derek Young, then Deputy Provincial Grand Master of Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire, asked me to set up a Provincial Demonstration Group, requesting that I, ‘Research for material that can be presented in dramatic form to inform, […]
- Thomas Telford - mason extraordinary October 1, 2007Researching Thomas Telford, who had been such a well-known member of a Lodge in Shropshire, I was surprised that virtually nothing had been written about his Masonic activities. In A History of Craft Freemasonry in Shropshire, by Harold Templeton, there was just one paragraph, and no mention of him in the History of Salopian Lodge […]
- Corby Red Kite Academy’s £3,000 outdoor play equipment boost from Freemasons May 8, 2021Corby Red Kite Academy's £3,000 outdoor play equipment boost from Freemasons The post Corby Red Kite Academy’s £3,000 outdoor play equipment boost from Freemasons first appeared on Freemasonry Matters.A Brother
- Freemasons’ £2,000 donation for NHS Trust September 19, 2020North East Corner: Freemasons’ £2,000 donation for NHS Trust The post Freemasons’ £2,000 donation for NHS Trust first appeared on Freemasonry Matters.A Brother
- Freemasons £2,000 donation to help young care leavers March 5, 2020The Nene Valley Care Trust (NVCT) – which helps young people leaving care in Peterborough and the Nene Valley towards education, training, accommodation and jobs – has received a cheque for £2,000 from David Burton, on behalf of Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire Freemasons The post Freemasons £2,000 donation to help young care leavers first appeared on […]A Brother
- Freemasons of Northampton and Towcester raise over £7,500 in aid of the emergency assessment bay May 15, 2019The continued support from local Freemasons for the hospital means a great deal to us. To have received this substantial donation towards our target when we are so close to achieving it is a real dream. It has made such a huge difference at this final stage of the appeal, thank you all so much! […]A Brother
- Freemasons raise thousands for Peterborough’s homeless January 8, 2019Once again it has been a busy December for Freemasons. Members from the Province of Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire came together in celebration for a Festival of Lessons and Carols at Peterborough Cathedral, writes Craig Bunday from Peterborough Freemasons. The post Freemasons raise thousands for Peterborough’s homeless first appeared on Freemasonry Matters.A Brother
- Freemasons £23,000 Grant Helps Local Children ‘Reach the Stars’ December 23, 2018Young people with disabilities and complex learning difficulties will be making music with the Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust (NMPAT) thanks to a grant presented by Northants and Hunts Freemasons. The £23,000 Masonic Charitable Foundation (MCF) grant is in support of the Reach the Stars project, which aims to use music-making to develop communication […]firstname.lastname@example.org Simon Key
- Freemasons donate £3400 do Autumn Day Care Centre for over 50’s November 29, 2018On Thursday the 8th of November 2018, the Masters of the six Corby lodges were very proud to present a cheque for £3,400 to Lee and Suzanne from the Autumn Centre. The Autumn Centre (https://www.theautumncentre.co.uk/) is a charity day care centre based in Corby run especially for the over 50s. The Centre is open 5-days […]email@example.com Jack Summerfield
- Freemasons Donation helps Hinchingbrooke Hospital purchase an AquaVENT Heated Breathing System November 5, 2018On Monday the 22nd October three members of Samuel Pepys Lodge No 8330 visited Hinchingbrooke Hospital to present Sister Sam Clayton-Roberts, of the Critical Care Unit, a cheque for £8,100. The donation was to enable them to purchase an AquaVENT machine. AquaVENT Heated Breathing Systems combine technological advances in thermal conductivity and breathing circuit construction […]firstname.lastname@example.org Rob Taylor
- Chicheley Freemasons Supports No Gain, No Pain UK September 3, 2018A donation of £1,400 from Chicheley Lodge No. 607 and the Provincial Grand Charity will allow No Gain, No Pain UK to purchase a much-needed syringe driver for the St Ives area. No Gain, No Pain UK was set up to help purchase Syringe Drivers. These are essential tools that provide pain relief for palliative care. […]email@example.com Neil Langford
- Freemasons Helping The Homeless: Tibor’s Story November 13, 2017Tibor is a 59-year old Slovakian who has been homeless for 7-years following being made redundant from his job. His mental health along with his physical health is poor and he had attempted suicide on a number of occasions. He told me the volunteers at the Three Pillars Feeding The Homeless Trust that he could […]firstname.lastname@example.org John Fergusson
- Kingsley Lodge celebrated its 125th Anniversary November 10, 2017On the 27th of October there was a very special birthday celebrated at Sheaf Close with a Banner rededication in the presence of the Provincial Executive, led by the Provincial Grand Master RWBro Max Bayes and 130 Brethren. Kingsley Lodge celebrated its 125th Anniversary of its concentration and unbroken run of 1000 regular meeting, quite […]email@example.com Michael Genner
- Portuguese Odyssey: The Lodge of the Oldest Ally 9524 November 4, 2017When WBro David Nicholls of Danetre Lodge No 8594 went to visit WBro Bill Mead one night back in 2012, little did he know it would set him on a Portuguese Odyssey! Bill surprised him by saying that he and his wife Betty were off to Portugal for a rather different Lodge meeting at The […]firstname.lastname@example.org Michael Genner
- 50-Year Certificate For WBro Stan Goakes November 1, 2017The meeting of St Peter’s Lodge No. 442 held on Thursday the 12th of October 2017 was a memorable meeting for WBro Stan Goakes, who received his 50-Year Certificate exactly 50-years to the day after he was initiated in 1967. WBro Stan became Worshipful Master of St Peter’s in 1978. He went on to serve […]email@example.com Simon Key
- MCF Deputy President Installed As Worshipful Master Of Three Counties Lodge October 24, 2017The Three Counties Lodge hosted their Installation meeting on Friday 20 October 2017 at Sheaf Close, Northampton. It was a very memorable and special evening with the Masonic Charitable Foundation’s Deputy President, VW Bro James Newman, installed into the Chair of King Solomon by W Bro Norman Pope. Unsurprisingly, the meeting was very well attended […]firstname.lastname@example.org John Fergusson
- Freemasons donate £6000 to Papworth Hospital Charity August 13, 2017On the 25th July, at Peterborough Masonic Hall, a cheque for £6,000 was presented to the Papworth Hospital Charity. The presentation was made to Mr Daniel Jackson (Head of Business Services at Papworth Hospital) by Mrs Sue Hurd (widow of W. Bro. Steve Hurd from Petriburg Lodge), and Rt. W. Br. Barrie Hall (PProvGM). The donations […]email@example.com Rob Taylor
- Freemasons donate £3000 to Friends of Danetre Hospital July 28, 2017Every year, freemasons from the several lodges meeting in Daventry get together to make a joint donation to a local recipient chosen by the Worshipful Master of each lodge in turn. This year it fell to the Worshipful Master of Coritani lodge, WBro David Smith to select the beneficiary and David chose the "Friends of […]firstname.lastname@example.org Michael Genner
- Freemasons make £1,950 Charity Donation to Cynthia Spencer Hospice July 14, 2017Ceres Lodge of the Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire Province have made a wonderful gift of £1,950 to Cynthia Spencer Hospice. Immediate Past Master of Ceres Lodge, Richard Cooke handed the donation to Hospice Fundraising Manager John Helm and Practice Development Lead Amanda Taylor at a White Table meeting at Freemason's Hall last week, following a talk […]Stuart Harker
- Freemasons donate £12,000 to LifeLites June 15, 2017At the Quarterly Communications meeting of Grand Lodge held on Wednesday the 14th of June 2017, the Pro Grand Master, MW Bro Peter Lowndes, congratulated the Province on having no less than eighty-eight members present. After the ceremony, members enjoyed lunch with a guest of honour, Simone Enefer-Doy CEO of LifeLites. The Provincial Grand Master, RW Bro […]email@example.com Gerry Crawford
- Freemasons Panto raises £332 for Teddies for Loving Care Charity February 20, 2017On Sunday the 15th of January 2017, The Corby Masonic Players, who are Freemasons or family and friends thereof, put on another show of their latest production, Jack & the Beanstalk, for the local community. The post Freemasons Panto raises £332 for Teddies for Loving Care Charity first appeared on Freemasonry Matters.Stuart Harker
- Daventry Freemasons Support Breast Cancer Charity February 19, 2017During his year as the Worshipful Master of Coritani Lodge - one of the five Masonic Lodges which meet in Daventry - WBro Max Reynolds held a number of social and sporting events to raise funds in support of several national and local charities which are close to his family's heart. One such charity is […]Stuart Harker
- Freemasons sign up to Armed Forces Covenant October 24, 2021The Freemasons have signed the Armed Forces Covenant during a ceremony at Freemasons’ Hall in Covent Garden on Wednesday the 20th of October 2021 led by His Royal Highness, The Duke of Kent.
- Webb Ellis Installation Meeting October 24, 2021Sporting brethren from as far away as Devon attended the Webb Ellis Lodge No. 9740 Installation meeting held on Tuesday the 12th of October 2021 at the Masonic Hall, Mill Road, Wellingborough.
- Now There's Something You Don't See Every Day! October 17, 2021Brethren attending the meeting of Buckby Castle Lodge No. 8932 held on Tuesday the 28th of September 2021 at Daventry were privileged to witness a very special event indeed: the Installation of WBro Robert Ballinger as Master of the Lodge by his twin brother, WBro Graham Ballinger, Lodge Secretary.
- Peterborough Masons Raise Funds for the Alzheimer’s Society October 17, 2021On Wednesday the 6th of October, WBro Layton Mills and WBro Mark Watson, together with WBro Jonathon Hibbins (a Trustee of The Provincial Grand Charity), met at Peterborough Masonic Centre to present a cheque for £1,000 to Natalie Skipper and Siobhan Merrygold of the Alzheimer’s Society, Peterborough.
- Lodge of the Oldest Ally - Back to Business ... In Portugal! October 16, 2021Members of Lodge of the Oldest Ally No. 9524, which meets on the 1st Saturday in October and the 2nd Saturday in May, enjoyed their first meeting since October 2019. The meeting, which proved very successful despite reduced numbers, took place in Portugal as is the custom for the Lodge’s October meeting.
- Palmer Court Charity Dinner - Sat 30th Oct 2021 @ Rushden Masonic Hall October 10, 2021Palmer Court will be holding a charity fundraising dinner at 7pm on Saturday the 30th of October 2021 at Rushden Masonic Hall. It is hoped that the event will raise the funds that are much needed to maintain, enhance and improve the the Palmer Court residents' quality of life. All Masons, their friends and family […]
- A Special First Regular Meeting for Grey Friars Lodge October 9, 2021Two significant events marked the first regular meeting of Grey Friars Lodge No. 4990 since lockdown: the presentation of a special nautical cable tow, and the dedication of a decanter in memory of WBro Mike Britton.
- WBro Mike Gorrod PPSGW, CoM - 60 Years in Freemasonry October 3, 2021At the Installation meeting of John Pyel Lodge No. 5195 held on Tuesday the 21st of September 2021, the Provincial Grand Master, RWBro Max Bayes, was pleased to present WBro Michael Anthony Gorrod PPSGW, CoM with a Diamond Jubilee Certificate in recognition of his 60-year’s service to Freemasonry.
- Festival Relaunch at Lodge of Installed Masters October 3, 2021At 6pm on Wednesday the 27th of October 2021, Lodge of Installed Masters No. 3422 will be holding its Installation meeting at Sheaf Close, Northampton. It is expected that the the Lodge's current Master, WBro Barry Stephenson PPSGW, will continue in office. At the meeting, the Provincial Grand Charity Steward, WBro Gerry Crawford, will be announcing […]
- Passing of VWBro Wayne Williams PGSwdB - APGM 2005-12; MEGS 2007-18 October 3, 2021We are saddened to announce the passing of Past Assistant Provincial Grand Master VWBro Wayne Edward Williams PGSwdB to the Grand Lodge Above on the evening of Friday the 1st of October 2021. VWBro Wayne died from injuries received during an accident at his home a few weeks prior. He was 79-years of age.
PROVINCIAL GRAND LODGE OF NORTHAMPTONSHIRE & HUNTINGDONSHIRE
Provincial Grand Master
Maxwell W. Bayes
Provincial Grand Secretary
William T. Diggins
Tel: 01604 584213