The Grand Lodge of Hawaii is the smallest and youngest of American jurisdictions, consisting of eleven constituent lodges and about 1,500 members. It has a most colorful history, being intimately involved in the formation of modern Hawaii.
Hawaiian Freemasons labored under four different forms of government: a kingdom (during the last half of the 19th century), a republic (1894-98), a U.S. territory (1898-1959) and statehood (after 1959). Its members have included three kings (Kamehameha IV, Kamehameha V and Kalakaua) and prince consort John Dominis, the first Scottish Rite 33rd Degree Mason in Hawaii; four governors; and six chief justices of the Hawaii Supreme Court.
The cornerstones of many public buildings in Honolulu were laid with Masonic ceremonies, among them Iolani Palace, the only authentic royal palace in the United States, which was built by King Kalakaua in 1882. During the late 1800s two Hawaii lodges belonged to grand bodies in France and Scotland. In 1852 Hawaiian Lodge was chartered by the Grand Lodge of California and all Hawaii lodges became part of that grand lodge from 1902 until 1989, when the Grand Lodge of Hawaii was established.
Hawaii’s Freemason Kings
Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
- 100th Anniversary of the George Washington National Masonic Memorial February 27, 2023To honor the occasion of its 100th Anniversary, Alexandria’s annual George Washington Day parade paid tribute to this historic landmark...Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
- Edde Kanai of Lodge Maui F&AM Becomes Grand Master May 5, 2022Congratulations to Most Worshipful Edde Kanai on his installation as Grand Master of Masons in the State of Hawaii...Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
- Grand Master’s Decision 2020-02 UPDATED-A January 8, 2021Published on January 7, 2021, Decision 2020-02 UPDATED-A was released, setting forth a Grand Lodge Policy...Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
- Garry Graham Becomes Grand Master of Masons in Hawaii July 6, 2020As Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of the State of Hawaii, Most Worshipful Brother Graham is...Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
- Grand Master’s Decision 2019-05C Regarding COVID-19 June 8, 2020Published on June 2, 2020, Decision 2019-05C was released in order to cautiously reopen Masonic gatherings and meetings in Hawaii by using State and County recommendations as a guide. This decision does not specifically state what those recommendations are due to government recommendations changing frequently and varying from county to county. This decision is intended […]Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
- Grand Master’s Decision 2019-05B Regarding COVID-19 March 24, 2020My Brothers, we have been continually monitoring the ever changing recommendations and directives from health care organizations and governmental agencies regarding the spreading Coronavirus (COVID-19). With the latest mandate that Governor Ige has issued this last Monday issued in a sweeping “stay-at-home” order for the state as part of an aggressive push to stop the […]Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
- Bahamas Disaster Relief Appeal September 16, 2019The Bahamas have experienced an unprecedented amount of damage and destruction due to the two days that Hurricane Dorian battered the islands. While food, drinking water, and supplies are needed, the best way to assist them now is through your monetary donation...Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
- Alexander A. Esacasa Becomes Grand Master of Masons in Hawaii May 18, 2019Congratulations to Most Worshipful Alexander A. Escasa on his installation as Grand Master of Masons in the State of Hawaii. As Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of the State of Hawaii, Most Worshipful Brother Escasa is responsible for the governance of freemasonry in the Hawaiian Islands for the 2019-2020 […]Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
- Grand Lodge of Japan ANCOM (2019) March 29, 2019The Grand Lodge of Hawaii recently visited the brethren of the Grand Lodge of Japan for their 2019 Annual Communication. Grand Lodge of Hawaii members present were Most Worshipful Wilson S. Camagan, Grand Master; Right Worshipful Alexander A. Escasa, Deputy Grand Master; Right Worshipful Gary Graham, Senior Grand Warden; and, Worshipful David H. Gomes, Senior […]Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
- Grand Master’s Building Fund Coin September 25, 2018Since the inception of The Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of The State of Hawaii almost 30 years ago, there has been a great desire to erect a building where we can conduct the business of the Grand Lodge and a place where we can meet as members of the fraternity. […]Grand Lodge of Hawaii F&AM
535 Ward Avenue, Suite 212
Honolulu, HI 96814http://hawaiifreemason.org/808-596-9121