The Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of California, commonly called the Grand Lodge of California, is one of two Masonic Grand Lodges in the state recognized by the United Grand Lodge of England (the other being the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of California Free & Accepted Masons). The Grand Lodge of California is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Its administrative offices are housed in the upper floors of the SF Masonic Auditorium, also known as Nob Hill Masonic Auditorium.
California/US – San Dimas Masonic Lodge, Rotary will collect food and more to benefit military families
California – The Chico-Leland Stanford Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons No. 111 installed officers for 2022
California/U.S. – A Brother recognized for a half-century of membership in good standing in the Masonic fraternity
- Read the 2023 Fraternity Report December 15, 2023In the Masons of California's 2023 Fraternity Report, review the highlights of the past year, from a rise in new members to a full-scale renovation at the Masonic Homes. The post Read the 2023 Fraternity Report appeared first on Masons of California.Masons of California
- The 12th Annual International Conference on Freemasonry October 30, 2023A panel of expert speakers will present new and exciting research on topics of interest to Freemasonry and other fraternal orders, comprising a wide variety of academic disciplines in the 12th annual International Conference on Freemasonry at UC Berkeley. The post The 12th Annual International Conference on Freemasonry appeared first on Masons of California.John Dale
- Masons Announce Three-Year Grant to San Diego Schools October 28, 2023This month, the Masons of California announced a $390,000, three-year grant to the San Diego Unified School District. The post Masons Announce Three-Year Grant to San Diego Schools appeared first on Masons of California.Masons of California
- Masonic Leadership Retreats October 25, 2023Make sure you and your fellow officers are positioned for a successful year ahead. The 2024 Leadership Retreats are your chance to get hands-on, practical advice on the issues facing lodges today. Gain fresh ideas, discover new tools, and connect with other lodge officers at these impactful and enlightening sessions. REGISTER TODAY Master & Wardens […]John Dale
- CALIFORNIA MASONS WIN FOR THE 14TH YEAR IN A ROW October 10, 2023The Masons of California win in multiple categories for the 2023 EXCEL Awards, presented by the Association Media & Publishing Network of the Software & Information Industry Association. The post CALIFORNIA MASONS WIN FOR THE 14TH YEAR IN A ROW appeared first on Masons of California.John Dale
- 174th Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of California October 9, 2023The 174th Annual Communications commences on October 27–29, 2023 at the California Masonic Memorial Temple in San Francisco. The post 174th Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of California appeared first on Masons of California.John Dale
- Grand Master Metroka: 2024 Proclamations September 2, 2023Grand Master G. Sean Metroka announced Monday his administration’s proclamations for the 2024 fraternal year. The post Grand Master Metroka: 2024 Proclamations appeared first on Masons of California.John Dale
- Masons Expand Scholarship Program August 20, 2023The San Diego Padres, in partnership with the Masons of California, announced the expansion of the Johnny Ritchey Scholarship Program on what would have been the 100th birthday for the "Jackie Robinson of the West Coast." The post Masons Expand Scholarship Program appeared first on Masons of California.Masons of California
- Say It Loud: #ImAMason July 10, 2023Say It Loud: #ImAMason! Research shows that the most common way Masons are introduced to the fraternity is through another Mason—often a parent, grandparent, friend, or colleague. Last year, we launched a social media campaign called #ImAMason to raise awareness of the fraternity. Now, we’re bringing it back, with hopes of reaching even more people! […]John Dale
- Masonic Homes of California Appoints New President and CEO to Lead Statewide Growth May 10, 2023Just ahead of its 125th anniversary, the Masonic Homes of California announces that it has named Terry Quigley, MSW, as its new president and chief executive officer. The post Masonic Homes of California Appoints New President and CEO to Lead Statewide Growth appeared first on Masons of California.John Dale
Masons are driven by a commitment to take care of one another and their communities. This commitment has improved lives in California since before the state was formed: During the gold rush and the severe hardship that followed, Masons in the area provided food and relief to struggling families. When cholera swept through Sacramento in 1850, they helped build a hospital at Sutter’s Fort.
In 1898, the Masonic Homes of California was built with the creation of our first residential community in Union City. Today, the Masonic Homes provides residential senior living, statewide outreach and case management services, and referrals to care resources. It also provides therapeutic services for struggling youth through the Masonic Center for Youth and Families.
The California Masonic Foundation was formed in 1969 with the purpose of furthering the education of young people from kindergarten through college. Today, we provide philanthropic services to all of California’s Masonic charities – from the Masonic Homes to literacy initiatives and other impactful community programs.
You can read about all of these programs and their impact on our communities in our Annual Report, on our award-winning California Freemason magazine website.